Bond 24 is due to start filming on December 6, 2014, according to a report by Baz Bamigboye in the Daily Mail.
Bamigboye was correct on a number of stories about Skyfall, including the fact that Eve was really Miss Moneypenny, and so is a credible source. Bamigboye also says that Sam Mendes has called for a script read through in late November.
Look out for further news as it emerges and we can expect a press conference prior or just after filming begins.
Both James Bond Radio and MI6 reported yesterday that a casting call had gone out for the Bond 24 henchman/assassin.
The casting agency working with Casting Director Debbie McWilliams has out out a casting call for a character named Hinx, who is over 6′ 2″, between 30 and 45 and physically fit. He will be involved in a number of fights and have to undergo stunt training, as well as driving.
A couple of photos uploaded to Instagram, a reply to a comment and a loose mouthed Italian repressenting the Roma Lazio Film Commission have set the Bond community alight with the apparent inside info that Bond 24 will feature a car chase in the Italian capital.
Stunt coordinator Gary Powell uploaded a photo of an executive jet earlier in the month and when asked where he was going responded “Morocco, Rome and Austria”.
He uploaded a second photo from inside a jet over the weekend in which you can see Second Unit Director of Photography Alexander Witt and Executive Producer Callum McDougall. And then the Italian media reported that the president of Roma Lazio Film Commission revealed Bond producers seeking permission for a chase along Rome’s Via delle Quattro Fontane.
The offending Instagram photos have since been taken down, but put together the two stories add up. However, filming permission was what stopped “Skyfall” from shooting in India and it is still early days.
Writers Neal Purvis and Robert Wade have been signed on sort out the script of Bond 24, according to a report by Baz Bamigboye in the Daily Mail this morning.
Bamigboye was proved right on a number of stories relating to “Skyfall” and so from his past history can be regarded as a reliable source.
Back in March John Logan was just talking about completing his first draft, which seems late, while more recently he said he had pretty much finished with movies. That was taken that he would not do Bond 25, for which he was hired, but it also looks like he has departed from Bond 24 already.
Filming will start in December, delayed from October, which also means the October 2015 release date must be in jeopardy.
All in all this is looking a pretty shaken start to the next Bond film and once again questions Eon’s ability to plan ahead in order to avoid these kinds of disruption. Surely with something as large as the James Bind series at stake some kind of strategic plan should be in place.
“Skyfall” and Bond 24 director Sam Mendes attended a screening of “Paris Texas” earlier this week at London’s BFI on the Southbank. Although he was asked by the press about the state of Bond 24 he revealed little, telling them, “It’s being written, that’s all I can tell you. If I told you I’d have to kill you.”
So that’s it; the script by John Logan is still a work in progress, which confirms what Logan has said before. Hopefully they have time to get it right before filming starts, currently scheduled for October according to various parties involved in the forthcoming Bond film.
A number of Scandinavian actresses are reported to have screen tested for a role in Bond 24 according to a number of reports online.
Norwegian Synnove Macody Lund, who appeared in “Headhunters” in 2011 has confirmed that she auditioned for the part in a screen test in Copenhagen recently. Rumours are also circulating about Birgitte Hjort Sorensen from Denmark and Ingrid Bolso Berdal, also from Norway, while previous reports have named a number of Swedish actresses.
There are apparently eight actresses in contention for the role, which is believed to be that of a secondary Bond girl. Going on past experience she will be the sacrificial lamb; soon after bedding 007 she’ll be killed.
Sam Mendes was recently interviewed by Bloomberg TV, in which he was quizzed about Bond 24.
About returning he said that initially he didn’t have time, until the producers agreed to wait a year to begin production and that a number of strands, such as the new Moneypenny and Q, that were incomplete.
He also said new film will continue from Skyfall, and agreed to returning only if the two story arc planned for Bonds 24 and 25 were dropped, presumably because he doesn’t want to commit to two more films.
We reportedly recently that Roger Deakins revealed at dinner to Kristopher Tapley that he would not be returning for Bond 24 and now have further corroborating evidence (via the excellent HMSS Weblog) that Deakins really will not be returning.
In an article for Thompson On Hollywood dated February 16, prior to the Tapley tweet, Bill Desowitz quotes Deakins:
“He’s got a great idea for another film, which is really an extension [of 'Skyfall'] but from my point, I don’t know what else I could do with it, really.”
That seems pretty clear, although it should be remembered Sam Mendes repeatedly said NO until Eon put the knotted rope to work.